Journal papers & books
- Kleinschroth, F., Winton, R.S., Calamita, E., Niggemann, F., Botter, M., Wehrli, B., Ghazoul, J. 2020. Living with floating vegetation invasions. Ambio. doi: 10.1007/s13280-020-01360-6
- Calamita, E., Schmid, M., Kunz, M., Ndebele-Murisa, M. R., Magadza, C. H. D., Nyambe, I. and Wehrli, B. 2019. Sixty years since the creation of Lake Kariba: Thermal and oxygen dynamics in the riverine and lacustrine sub-basins. PlosOne, doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0224679
- Winton, S., Calamita, E. and Wehrli, B. 2019. Reviews and syntheses: Dams, water quality and tropical reservoir stratification. Biogeosciences, 16, 1657-1671. doi: 10.5194/bg-16-1657-2019
- Botter, M., Burlando, P. and Fatichi, S. 2019. Anthropogenic and catchment characteristic signatures in the water quality of Swiss rivers: a quantitative assessment. Hydrol. Earth Syst. Sci., 23, 1885–1904.
- Lange K., Wehrli B., Aberg U. and Bätz N. 2019. Small hydropower goes unchecked. The Ecologic society of America: Forntiers in Ecology and the Environment 17, 256-258.
- Lumosi, C., Pahl-Wostl, C. and Scholz, G. 2019. Can ‘learning spaces’ shape transboundary management processes? Evaluating emergent socia01l learning processes in the Zambezi basin. Journal of Environmental Science and Policy.
- Yihdego, Z. and Gibson, J. 2019. Implementing International Watercourses Law through the WEF Nexus and SDGs: An Integrated Approach Illustrated in the Zambezi River Basin.
- Albrecht, T.R.; Crootof, A.; Scott, C. A. 2018. The Water-Energy-Food Nexus: A systematic review of methods for nexus assessment. Environmental Research Letters, Volume 13, Number 4.
- Ros, A.; Giuliani, M.; Scurati, G.W.; Graziosi, S.; Ferrise, F.; Bordegoni, M., 2018. Participated Planning of Large Water Infrastructures through Virtual Prototyping Technologies. Technologies 2018, 6, 68.
- Book: Lautze, J., Phiri, Z., Smakhtin, V. and Saruchera, D. eds., 2017. The Zambezi River Basin: Water and sustainable development. Routledge, 2017.
- Book: Yihdego, Z. 2017. The Fairness ‘Dilemma’ in Sharing the Nile Waters. What Lessons from the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam for International Law? Brill, 2017.
- Koundouri, P., Catarina R.-P. and Englezos, N., 2017. Out of sight, not out of mind: developments in economic models of groundwater management. International Review of Environmental and Resource Economics (IRERE).
- Koundouri, P., et al., 2017. Alternative Types of Ambiguity and their Effects on the Probabilistic Properties and Tail Risks of Environmental-Policy Variables. Review of Environmental Economics and Policy (REEP).
Conferences / workshops
- Koroleva, K., Miranda, D., van Bers, C. and Novak, J. 2019. Designing for multi-stakeholder analysis of trade-offs in Water-Energy-Food nexus. Science, Technology and Society conference, Graz, Austria, 6-7 May 2019.
- Burlando, P., Nyambe, I., Juizo, D., Odada, E., Zeleke, G., Van Orshoven, J., Sinclair, S., Koundouri, P., Castelletti, A., van Bers, C., Novak, J.: DAFNE: A Decision Analytic Framework to explore the water-energy-food nexus in African transboundary river basins. Abstract presented at the 7th European Bioremediation Conference (EBC-VII), Chania, Crete, 25 – 28 June, 2018.
- Anghileri, D., Kaelin, A., Peleg, N., Fatichi, S., Molnar, P., Roques, C., Longuevergne, L. and Burlando, P. 2017. Modeling the hydrological regime of Turkana Lake (Kenya, Ethiopia) by combining spatially distributed hydrological model and remote sensing datasets, Poster at AGU Fall meeting, December 11-15, 2017. New Orleans, USA.
- Bertoni, F., Giuliani, M. and Castelletti, A. 2017. Scenario-based fitted Q-iteration for adaptive control of water reservoir systems under uncertainty. Proceedings of the 20th IFAC World Congress, Toulouse, 9-14 July.
- Bertoni, F., Giuliani, M. and Castelletti, A. 2017. Scenario-based fitted Q-iteration for adaptive control of water reservoir systems under uncertainty, Oral presentation at the EGU General Assembly, April 23-28, 2017. Vienna, Austria. Geophysical Research Abstracts vol. 19.
- Bertoni, F., Giuliani, M. and Castelletti, A. 2017. Integrating operation design into infrastructure planning to foster robustness of planned water systems, Oral presentation at the EGU General Assembly,April 23-28, 2017. Vienna, Austria. Geophysical Research Abstracts vol. 19.
- Calamita, E., Schmid, M. and Wehrli, B. 2017. Resilience scales of a dammed tropical river, Poster at EGU General Assembly, April 23-28, 2017. Vienna, Austria.
- Kleinschroth, F. 2018: Tropical Ecosystems in the Water-Energy-Food Nexus, Oral presentation at the European Conference of Tropical Ecology, Paris, 26-29 March.
- Kleinschroth, F. 2018. Everything is connected: Planning in the water energy food nexus, Oral presentation at the Global Landscapes Forum, Bonn, 1-2 December.
- CORDIS Results Pack. 2020. Negotiating with a fresh perspective yields mutually beneficial solutions. Cordis, April 14, 2020.
- Glo.be 2019. How to reconcile water, energy and food?, Glo-be.be, November 2019
- Kleinschroth, F. and Dams can mimic the free flow of rivers, but risks must be managed, The Conversation, February 12, 2019. 2018.